Who can attend COP26?
There are three categories of attendees permitted to attend COP26.
These are representatives of Parties to the Convention and Observer States, members of the press and media, and representatives of observer organisations.
I’m a member of the public, how can I get involved?
As a member of the public, there will be a variety of ways to get involved in COP26:
- By attending as a representative of an observer organisation:
- Certain NGOs (non-governmental organisations) and IGOs (inter-governmental organisations) have observer status to attend COP26.
- More information on which organisations are permitted observer status can be found on the UNFCCC website here.
- Through volunteering:
- A team of host city volunteers will be recruited to contribute to the event’s success. The programme will provide a unique opportunity for friendly, enthusiastic people with a passion for climate change to play their part and represent their country to the rest of the world. Find out more about the volunteering opportunities available, and how to register your interest here.
- You can also get involved by exhibiting, performing or hosting an event within the two week programme.
I want to exhibit, perform, or host an event at COP26. How do I get involved?
We have now closed our Expression of Interest process for individuals, organisations and businesses to put forward proposals to get involved at COP26 within the UK Government managed spaces. We hope to advise on the outcome of this process in May 2021.
UNFCCC accredited observer groups are able to apply for pavilion and exhibition space, as well as side events through portals which will launch in approximately 6 months before the conference.
I am an interpreter/comms expert, how can I be involved in COP26?
Full time members of the UN interpreter’s cadre provide official interpretation at the COP, and the UN will not be recruiting specifically for the event.
However, we are aware that individual delegations do sometimes hire interpreters to assist during smaller meetings and events.
You may wish to look out for these opportunities or contact the relevant Embassy in the UK to offer your services.
I am a commercial supplier interested in providing goods or services for COP26. How can I register my interest?
All upcoming UK Government contracts will be advertised on Contracts Finder and Public Contracts Scotland. Suppliers can register with these sites and set up email alerts to see all services the UK Government needs.