Who can attend COP26?
There are three categories of attendees permitted to attend COP26.
These are representatives of Parties to the Convention and Observer States, members of the press and media, and representatives of observer organisations.
I’m a member of the public, how can I get involved?
As a member of the public, there will be a variety of ways to get involved in COP26:
- By attending as a representative of an observer organisation:
- Certain NGOs (non-governmental organisations) and IGOs (inter-governmental organisations) have observer status to attend COP26.
- More information on which organisations are permitted observer status can be found on the UNFCCC website here.
- Through volunteering:
- A team of host city volunteers will be recruited to contribute to the event’s success. The programme will provide a unique opportunity for friendly, enthusiastic people with a passion for climate change to play their part and represent their country to the rest of the world. Find out more about the volunteering opportunities available, and how to register your interest here.
- You can also get involved by exhibiting, performing or hosting an event within the two week programme.
I want to exhibit, perform, or host an event at COP26. How do I get involved?
We are keen to work with academia, business, the arts, cultural institutions, NGOs and youth groups to identify opportunities within the programme of events in Glasgow for you to get involved and have your voice heard at COP26.
If you are keen to exhibit, perform, form part of a panel discussion, host a bespoke event such as a talk or a report launch, or provide some other sort of cultural service, we would love to hear from you.
Please send COP26Info@cabinetoffice.gov.uk a brief email outlining your proposal and we will be in touch to discuss potential opportunities.
I am an interpreter/comms expert, how can I be involved in COP26?
Full time members of the UN interpreter’s cadre provide official interpretation at the COP, and the UN will not be recruiting specifically for the event.
However, we are aware that individual delegations do sometimes hire interpreters to assist during smaller meetings and events.
You may wish to look out for these opportunities or contact the relevant Embassy in the UK to offer your services.
I am a commercial supplier interested in providing goods or services for COP26. How can I register my interest?
All upcoming UK Government contracts will be advertised on Contracts Finder and Public Contracts Scotland. Suppliers can register with these sites and set up email alerts to see all services the UK Government needs.