This event will demonstrate how cities and regions can play a more ambitious role in addressing climate change and reaching the goal of net zero.
Hosted and chaired by the Carbon Trust, we will present inspiring and replicable examples of cities and regions leading the way to net zero, showcasing outstanding exemplars from the UK (London and Wales) and international case studies (China and Mexico).
The one-hour event will feature a lively and engaging panel discussion on how cities and regions can drive local ambition and action, highlighting the collaboration between city, regional and national governments required for success.
Senior representatives will showcase action, not just targets and talk, across four initiatives:
- Implementing a Net Zero Wales
- Net zero strategy for the City of London
- Coordinated climate action in Mexico: Guadalajara’s pathway to carbon neutrality
- Driving climate action in China’s cities
- Julie James, Minister for Climate Change, Welsh Government
- Mario Ramón Silva Rodríguez, General Director, Instituto Metropolitano de Planeación Área Metropolitana de Guadalajara (IMEPLAN)
- Division Director of Wuhan Ecological Environmental Bureau
- Senior representative from C40 Cities
- Poppy Potter, Associate Director, the Carbon Trust
The Carbon Trust has two decades of experience working with public sector organisations in the UK and around the world, helping to raise ambition on climate action and develop and implement climate action plans.
We invite anyone to attend who has an interest in:
- How cities and regions can get on a pathway towards net zero Setting science-based or net zero targets
- Developing local energy markets
- Creating community partnerships or joint ventures